It's all me, me, me...

My Photo
Vivre Sa Vie
London, United Kingdom
Well hello there. My name is Viv (well, it's not really), and, like a lot of people, I'm ever so slightly neurotic... I have panic attacks and anxiety (ranging from mild to pretty intense), on and off. I also have an amazing and quite high-profile job, so I'm choosing to remain anonymous on here. Not because I'm ashamed of the aforementioned neuroses, but because I don't want to be googled and for my colleagues to read bizarre posts about me breathing into a paper bag and popping lorazepam. I've worked for bookshops, mixed arts festivals and charities, and have met (and still meet!) a lot of famous, fetching and fantabulous people for my job. (See, anxiety doesn't need to stop you being AWESOME and doing what you want to do) Here's hoping you'll find some helpful hints and tips on here which will help you tackle the evil panic heebiejeebs... PS. I'm an Australian, but I live in the UK, and have adopted tea-drinking, pubs, Wodehouse, and a Welsh man.
View my complete profile
Friday 2 March 2012

Anxiety hero trading cards #1

You are a lucky, lucky anxious person, because from now on, every week I will bring you some highly collectable anxiety hero trading cards. Here you will find some of the world's most brilliant and amazing neurotics and nail-biters, and you will begin to see (yes you will) what a wonderful bunch of creative, incredible and fan-freaking-tastic people we worriers are. 


                   
                                     # 1 Woody Allen


'Early in life I was visited by the bluebird of anxiety...'


Vital anxiety statistics: What isn't Woody anxious about? The godfather of neurotics, Woody's phobias reportedly include (but are not limited to) insects, sunshine, dogs, deer, bright colours, children (hmm, I know what you're thinking, but don't go there), heights, small rooms, crowds, cancer, and every place except Manhattan.

Career highlights: Manhattan, Annie Hall

Why he's an AWESOME anxiety hero: I hope I don't have to explain this to you.

What you can learn from him: Anxiety is FUNNY. Yes, panic attacks are one of the most horrendous experiences anyone can go through, but they are also pretty hilarious if you look at them properly. It is so easy to take yourself too seriously in this game, but finding all this stuff funny is one of the best things you can do for anxiety. Promise.

Best anxiety quote: 'I don't like to go into elevators. I don't go through tunnels. I like the drain in the shower to be in the corner and not in the middle.'

Further reading/viewing: Get stuck in with the films, and let yourself fall down the Woody-worry-wormhole. Perhaps also have a copy of his 'Essential Prose' on your bedside table too.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com